Death Dawns Not on Hearts Aflame screen print, second printing with Copper Leaf, limited edition
This product is currently sold out.
Melding inspiration from the catacombs of old Europe, medieval manuscripts, and Pennsylvania German folk art, Death Dawns Not on Hearts Aflame is a screen print that evokes the feel of a devotional relic, magical and ancient. True love, and the prospect of attaining it, has forever fueled an insatiable euphoria in humankind. All that nurtures comes from love, and even it’s mere existence brings about a never-ending hope— a star that shines steadfast in the hearts of lovers. Continually enthralling, it has found its way to eternity in song, poetry, and art. In this way, love transcends the claws of death, asserting its place as an immovable force among the mysteries of our world.
This special screen print dives deep into this idea and weds the forces of love with the forces of death and time. A bit of love magic is woven into the composition with sigils to Venus and Saturn, alluding to the union of love and death. Handwritten poetry gives the print an old-world nostalgia as the skeletal remains of lovers past evoke the ominous atmosphere of underground crypts. Show your lover your heartfelt devotional with this work of art that is all at once mysterious, magical, and romantic.
Death Dawns Not on Hearts Aflame is original artwork, hand drawn and screenprinted by Adrienne Rozzi.
- This is the SECOND PRINTING of this artwork.
- Of the Limited edition of 50, 5 were printed with these copper leaf accents.
- Signed by the artist and marked "II" to signify the second printing.
- Printed with black, red, and brown inks on ivory archival paper and accented with copper leaf. As you can see, there are areas where the copper leaf is distressed, revealing the red ink underneath. These organic anomalies are different on each print. They attest to the artwork's one-of-a-kind nature and are to be embraced as part of the handmade process.
- Measures approximately 18.5" x 15" (inches)
(The first printing of Death Dawns Not on Hearts Aflame was made in February of 2022. It had smaller dimensions and was printed in a limited edition of 95, sold out.)
As always, please review my FAQ page before every purchase.