Death Dawns Not on Hearts Aflame screen print, third printing, limited edition
This variant is currently sold out
Melding inspiration from the catacombs of old Europe, medieval manuscripts, and Pennsylvania German folk art, Death Dawns Not on Hearts Aflame is a screen print that evokes the feel of a devotional relic, magical and ancient. True love, and the prospect of attaining it, has forever fueled an insatiable euphoria in humankind. All that nurtures comes from love, and even it’s mere existence brings about a never-ending hope— a star that shines steadfast in the hearts of lovers. Continually enthralling, it has found its way to eternity in song, poetry, and art. In this way, love transcends the claws of death, asserting its place as an immovable force among the mysteries of our world.
This special screen print dives deep into this idea and weds the forces of love with the forces of death and time. A bit of love magic is woven into the composition with sigils to Venus and Saturn, alluding to the union of love and death. Handwritten poetry gives the print an old-world nostalgia as the skeletal remains of lovers past evoke the ominous atmosphere of underground crypts. Show your lover your heartfelt devotion with this work of art that is all at once mysterious, magical, and romantic.
Death Dawns Not on Hearts Aflame is original artwork, hand drawn and screenprinted by Adrienne Rozzi.
- This is the THIRD PRINTING of this artwork.
- Limited edition of 50.
- Signed and numbered by the artist and marked "III" to signify the third printing.
- Printed with black, red, and brown inks on two different colors of archival paper:
- CREAM, numbers 1 - 37 (First three photos)
- WARM WHITE, numbers 38 - 50 (Last three photos)
- Measures approximately 18.5" x 15" (inches) with a raw deckled edge at the bottom.
As always, please review my FAQ page before every purchase.