The Siren full-color screen print, first printing, limited edition
This variant is currently sold out
The Siren ascends from the depths singing her song of enchantment and luring pirates to their watery grave. The storm grows more wild with every note as she beckons ships nearer to the razor sharp rocks that lie just below the surface of the water. Once within her grasp, The Siren churns the ship against the rocks with her serpentine fins and golden trident. As blood swirls with salt water her melody persists, joined by a chorus of screams and the hiss of crimson sea spray. The Siren reminds us of the duality of nature's power, capable of both great beauty and utter destruction.
The Siren is original artwork, hand drawn and screenprinted by Adrienne Rozzi.
- First printing in full color.
- Printed with 8 different color inks on kraft-toned (tan) Stonehenge archival paper. The ink colors are black, white, aquamarine, teal, gold, peach, and a "blend run," or ombré, of copper ink to plum. These sunset shades, along with metallic leaf accents, create a color palette reminiscent of shimmering mermaid scales, jewel-toned skies, and the sun's last rays as they sparkle and dance across the water.
- Each print features metallic gold leaf accents on the trident and crown. Some prints include teal leaf or silver leaf "scales" on her fins, and a few also include teal leaf on the shell in her hair. These different versions are listed below.
- LIMITED EDITION of 50.
Made up of 5 versions:
- SILVER SORCERESS, limited to 24. Printed with silver leaf "scales" on fins and gold leaf trident & crown.
- AQUAMARINE ENCHANTRESS, limited to 15. Gold leaf trident & crown, no metallic leaf on fins.
- TEAL TEMPTRESS, limited to 5. Printed with teal metallic leaf "scales" on fins and gold leaf trident & crown.
- GLOWING GODDESS, limited to 3. Printed with silver leaf "scales" on fins, teal metallic leaf on shell (in her hair), and gold leaf trident & crown.
- SUNSET SEDUCTRESS, limited to 3, for archive and private distribution. Not for sale.
** Please note: Unique to Poison Apple Printshop, the process of applying metallic leaf to these screen prints is done by hand with special attention to detail. Due to the organic nature of the process, there may be areas where the bare ink shows, giving the illusion of ancient treasure and organic scales. An example of this can be seen in the second-to-last photo. This process also means some prints may have more metallic leaf "scales" than others, specifically on the fins of the Silver Sorceress version (variations can be seen in photos). These variations are meant to be embraced as they establish each print as one-of-a-kind.
- Signed and numbered by the artist.
- Measures approximately 13" x 15" (inches) with a rough deckle along the bottom edge.
** Please refer to last photo for most accurate portrayal of paper color.
As always, please review my FAQ page before every purchase.